Friday, September 16, 2011

someone's breaking my dreams

I walk alone I walk alone.

Dragging my heels on a narrow road.  Keep up this pace or I fall.

I walk alone I walk alone.

Coming closer to an endless goal.  Searching my head, breaking my back simply to reach something I'm too afraid to touch.

  I walk alone.

Losing time in youth.  Life may be short but even if it is forever I'de rather not walk alone.  Picking up what you cant see.  A future so far ahead it's out of sight.

I walk alone.

Something rings, a click, tick, connection.  Never has all the hope I have,  been centered on this one event.  Need to find an answer to this question of mine.

I am still walking alone.

Here goes what might be the defining moment of my day.  In a way it is un-probable and foolish to believe.

I will take a step now.

Scratch that.

Here is where I take a stand.

Here is where I stop.

4 comments:

  1. ''Coming closer to an endless goal. Searching my head, breaking my back simply to reach something I'm too afraid to touch.''

    my favorite line. pure poetry. good job, you're always killing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is my favorite line as well. Literally had my jaw dropped. excellent! LOVE this.

    I wanna see what else you got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on this. I agree with every one else, "Coming closer to an endless goal. Searching my head, breaking my back simply to reach something I'm too afraid to touch." Pure greatness right here and I love the line "Here is where I stop" as well.

    ReplyDelete